Summer is a very special time of year for the entire family. The freedom from school routines is a welcome change of pace that every kid and parent can appreciate. Whether they spend their time in the great outdoors, lounging by the pool, or reading a book in the shade; there are lots of great ways to spend summer vacation. The hard part is deciding what you should do! Summer is the perfect time to set aside your phone and laptop and spend some quality time with the kiddos.
Helping to keep the cries of “I’m bored” at bay, arts and crafts can be in integral par It’s a great opportunity to make memories as a family, while also fostering an appreciation of art and creativity. It’s a joy for many children, when they realize they have artistic abilities that they can explore later in life. No matter the age, your kids will love making one – or several- of these fun crafts this summer… and you might just have fun, too!
Easy Projects for Craft Beginners:
- Looking for a simple summer craft that can keep your kids occupied for hours? Sidewalk chalk paint is an easy craft project that can be used for a variety of activities. Whether your kids want to draw a pretty picture or play hopscotch up and down the block, sidewalk chalk paint can be a lot of fun.
- Do your kids have a need for speed? Turn any hallway or driveway into a temporary drag strip with these balloon-powered toy car racers.
- Maybe you’d rather spend your time among the clouds instead of on the ground. These clothespin airplanes are easy to make and lots of fun to play with!
- Hoping for a change in weather? These rainsticks might not really make it rain, but they are a great creative outlet that can even lead to singing and dancing too!
- If you have access to a pool or pond, check out these pool noodle boats.
- No pool? You can still have fun with a few pool noodles. All you’ll need is a pencil, some tape, and a few pool noodles to create a fun game of backyard ring-toss.
- Let the sunshine in with these jellyfish suncatchers that replicate the colorful beauty of stained glass, but in a kid friendly craft project.
- Your home is your castle, and what castle is complete without a clothespin catapult? Everyone in the family can have a little fun with this historic craft contraption.
- While summer can be a lot of fun, it can also be pretty hot. These fun folding fans will require a little help from you to get the kids started but will help them stay cool indoors and out all season long.
- It won’t be long until it’s time to celebrate the Fourth of July again! These DIY Decor Rockets are perfect for a cookout celebration.
Keep your family busy this summer with a wide variety of craft projects that will keep them creating and having fun until it’s time to go back to school.